Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Horrors of Youtube!!!

...yeah I'm sure that there's a LOT of these out there, but I just had to vent...
Youtube is a great place, a place to go and share and watch videos. It's almost perfect. The only flaw it has is allowing idiots to post ANYTHING (comments, videos, etc.). Now I know there is no easy way to filter out the idiots (there's 9 apples and you take five, how many do you have...lol), but its just so annoying that I wouldn't care so much spending an hour of my time taking a test (and passing) so that youtube could filter out the 'tards. The horrible acts of these idiots fall into 7 categories:

1: short/stupid/pointless videos- This one isn't quite so bad, but I fell it's really stupid when people post the videos that fall under 10 seconds. This isn't so bad in certain situations, like a small video posted for your friends to see. But when in combination with reason two...it's unbearable. Videos that have absolutely NO point to them also fall under this category. Again, if it's some kind of inside joke with your friends, fine, but usually its not.

2: EVERY possible word in the tags- its really REALLY annoying when the tags section is longer that the video description. I just don't understand why people think uber labeling theirvideo is going to get them more vies. It's just plain stupid.

3: spam comments-DONT READ THIS!!! Sound familiar? Yeah, you all know what I'm talking about. Those dumb spam comments that say this happened to this person and if you don't repost this in this many videos in this much time then the same thing will happen to you. I mean really, what's the point.

4: Screamers- Incase your unsure what these are, they're videos that are short and stupid, and end with a scary face and an ear splitting scream. Now, you may think this falls under category 1, but they've gotten so stupid and annoying that they've meritted a category all their own. Now, I do have some advice to give to those who would really like to avoid these. First, look at the title. If the title is something like "XXX girl gets f***** up the ***** and the *** with a ***** XXX" or whatever, it's usually a screamer. If the title isn't quite something along these lines, but still suspicious, then read the comments first. Usually, people who are ticked off at the poster, or people laughing because they can actually take a joke will tip you off to the content of the video.

5: People who don't read the description first- I can't tell you how many people say that some video about whatever is fake, even though the description says so. Just read the dang thing.

6: Insulting posters- This one goes out the all the people who decide to waste their time yelling at posters because they "didn't like the video." These are the people who yell and scream (CAPS lol) at posters in their comments saying how the poster is a little retard who doesn't get any, a little kid who did this just to waste everyones time, little seven year old mother****** son of a ***** retard wh0o doesn't have a life, blah blah blah, etc etc, and so forth. Come on now...is it really worth it to say such things? Is it really necessary?

7: Unfair ratings- This goes for video ratings and comment ratings. People (well youtube idiots) seem to biasly rate videos. They give videos horrible ratings just because they don't like the topic. Unfortunitely, this isn't only youtube. My TES IV: Oblivion mod ZeldaMod Project was given a 1 out of 10 by somebody because they don't like the Zelda games. They didn't even consider the quality of the mod it self, of the mesh detail, of the texture quality, none of that. But I degress. These types of people rate videos based on their own personal opinion on the topic. The rating system is supposed to be utilized to help people show the quality of a poster's photography skills or writing abilities or comedic skills (probably falls under writing skills but whatever). I just don't see the reason for this rudeness. Now, concerning comment ratings, some of these are the same as unfair video ratings, biased. But, some of these are just random. I've noticed how people negatively rate comments where the only thing put is lol or rofl (obviously they foud the video funny). Why? I mean, really, what could possibly compel you to go and ruin the reputation of some innocent user? It's just so heartless!

These 7 categories of acts of YouTards (lol) are 7 too many. What drives people to do these things is just beyond me. I don;t think anyone could fully explain the motives of the YouTards. I just can't take them any more...

No comments: